10/8 Day 13: Cable car to Chopok (2024m) in Low Tatras. Short hike around the area.
Costs
(1) 1 bus ticket from Liptovsky Mikulas Tesco bus stop to Demanovska Dolina Jasna - EUR1,70 (from the bus driver)
Costs
(1) 1 bus ticket from Liptovsky Mikulas Tesco bus stop to Demanovska Dolina Jasna - EUR1,70 (from the bus driver)
(2) 1 cable car return ticket from Jasna to Chopok - EUR37
(3) 1 bus ticket from Demanovska Dolina Jasnabus stop to Liptovsky Mikulas Tesco bus stop - EUR1,70 (from the bus driver)
Food
(1) Lunch at Kamenna chata - Ghoulash EUR15
(3) 1 bus ticket from Demanovska Dolina Jasnabus stop to Liptovsky Mikulas Tesco bus stop - EUR1,70 (from the bus driver)
Food
(1) Lunch at Kamenna chata - Ghoulash EUR15
(2) Radler 500ml from Tesco - EUR0,99
(3) Sundae chocolate from McDonalds - EUR2,80
(4) Dinner at Kebab & Pizza - Kebab with salad 400g EUR8,90
The Story
The Story
10082026: Today, we will go to the Low Tatras. On hindsight, I should not include too many hiking days in my trip. I wanted to be more in the nature but I overestimated my strength and underestimated my recovery days. I have always known that I don't have strong legs but I thought I was better after exercising in the gym but it turns out not. I write this because instead of hiking to the top in the Low Tatras, we took the cable car instead.
Breakfast just like yesterday - sandwich, yoghurt and juice at home. Then, we walked to a bus stop near our accommodation so we did not need to walk to the bus station. The bus stop is opposite Tesco supermarket. We bought our bus ticket from the bus driver towards Demanovska Dolina Jasna, the last stop. It is the same bus that we took yesterday to the caves but today, we will ride until the last stop.
We tried to find our way to a hiking path but it was not easy. The start route was closed due to repair works. A police car stopped to help us when the policeman saw us looking lost.
The policeman pointed us to go towards the accommodation and we will see the path. It was very hot being out in the open. There are no trees or shelter.
We saw the top of the cable car from where we were. It did not seem fun to hike under the heat. I was already tired going up the slope. We agreed to take the cable car instead. The Low Tatras did not have a similar terrain like the High Tatras.
It was already 11.55am when we reached the cable car station. It was definitely a good idea to take the cable car than walk up the slope as the sun will be too much for us. So, we paid EUR37 for a return ticket. It costs EUR33 to purchase online (GoPass.Travel). Buying from the counter costs EUR31 upwards and EUR27 downwards. Very expensive for a single ride. When we visited the Dolomites in 2022, our cable car return ticket to Seiser Alm was EUR20 and today, it costs EUR30. So, I guess EUR37 is somewhat within the same range. Actually not, EUR7 is quite a lot. It is the cost of 2 beer 500ml here.
There is a small hill at the top. We decided to go to the top of the hill before lunch.
It is a short hill but gosh, my legs felt tired at the first few steps going uphill. The uphill walk took me 8 minutes but it felt like forever. We were hiking on uneven rocks and boulders again.
It is very difficult to not take many photos when the skies are clear and the mountains in the background are beautiful.
Time for lunch at the restaurant. I had ghoulash.
We took a walk around the area. The hiking path from the mountain hut up to somewhere in the middle where we stopped and lied on the grass.
I had to queue in line with lots of kids to take this photo. There were many kids who changed spots to have their photos taken. Finally, the adults saw us and let us take our photos first.
We turned back and took the cable car at 3pm so that we could make it for the 4.03pm bus. From the cable car's view, I could see the hiking trail. I was not tempted to hike as it was so hot.
Back in town, we got off at Liptovsky Mikulas Tesco bus stop. We went inside Tesco and got ourselves a canned drink to have at home. I got my radler. Then, we stopped by McDonalds to get a sundae ice-cream. Looks like sundae ice-cream is more expensive than Sweden. I just checked the price for a sundae chocolate and it costs SEK21 (EUR1,87 about EUR1 cheaper).
For dinner, we went to a kebab restaurant. I got a kebab salad because I did not feel like having carbohydrates i.e. bread or potato.
We walked to the lake Hladiny Liptovskej Mary (Pláž Liptovska Mara) for my travel companions to have a dip. The same lake that we visited on the first day here and yesterday. There was a little light in the skies although it was 8.40pm.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment